Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Too True to Make Up


At the gym yesterday, a man who had lost one hand was lifting weights. I was impressed at how much he was curling.

Later, as I was packing to leave, this man began talking to another guy in my presence. This other guy discussed how he went to court yesterday to defend himself. I didn't hear the accusations, but the guy revealed the judge decided to free him from charges.

The man said, "I told the judge, "You weren't going to be able to keep me here, anyway. You want to know why?" The judge said, "Go ahead. Tell me why" The man revealed raised both his arms into the air and he was missing both his hands. "You could try to handcuff me, but there's no way in hell they'd stay on."

The two guys laughed hysterically over this and I thought to myself, "Why do such quirky conversations always happen in my presence?" Perhaps it's because I find them beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment