Thursday, December 10, 2009

I needed to retreat

Yesterday began with Baby leaving me a pile of her, "Oh, no. You won't make me go outside to do my business" on my floor. I then looked outside and saw the first round of old, man winter piled in my driveway, so I shoveled. I eventually made it to the library and then was called to do a favor for a friend whose car was hit and towed for repairs. She had to do portfolio presentations at SU, so I drove her there and afterwards we went to dinner at The Retreat in Liverpool. It was down the road from her house and it was my first time eating there - nice.

I threw in the towel at about 7 and enjoyed a relaxed dinner after a quirky day. I looked at this retreat as a long over-due retreat with a fellow Ph. D friend. Neither of us ever take time to chill out like that, but last night we did. Here's to us. (If you need directions, you can follow this map)

No comments:

Post a Comment