Saturday, December 12, 2009

Impressionable

Transitioning from high school to college, it was inevitable to pay attention to the Beverly Hills 90210 phenomenon. The California beach brats and their soap opera back stabbing became central to the haircuts and styles of my entrance to my twenties. Yes, it is stupid, but in a cold December like this, I recall the warmth the show brought me and my friends (especially as we made drinking games out of it and totally make fun of the program). There was something awkwardly charming to Tori Spelling - like owning a drooling boxer with eyes that bug out of its head. Of course, I grew up in Cherry Heights, 13401. For some reason, it didn't get any air time. Quirky to think that my box hair cut and flannel shirts wouldn't make my a Dylan McKay.

No comments:

Post a Comment