Saturday, February 21, 2009

I've taught two Joaquin Phoenixes


I was reading about a strange guest appearance on David Letterman, so I looked it up and watched it. The interview is hilarious, and I wondered if this guy was trying to be like Andy Kaufman (Jim Carrey plays him on MAN ON THE MOON) or if he really was into this alter ego. I've had students who've jumped identities like this and I could never decipher if it was performance or something more severe. My style has always been just to roll with it.

I didn't recognize the guy, so I looked him up. He's River Phoenix's little brother. It's sort of a matching game, and if you click HERE you will see who Joaquin Phoenix really is...or isn't. There's been a few changes.

Gosh, Hollywood is quirky! Letterman is the man, though. I love when even he cracks up.

No comments:

Post a Comment