Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Simple Life


Perhaps its because I have minimal exposure to lifestyles of the rich and ridiculous (e.g., The Hamptons) or maybe it is my obsession of brats or it could be the goal for this year to think about quirkiness, but last night I was thinking about the HBO documentary, "Born Rich," which inevitably led me to think about "The Simple Life." What is it about watching the shenanigans of flippant rich kids that intrigues the American culture? Do we crave such care free vanity? I don't know. What I do know is that Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie intrigue me. They don't need to be in the limelight, but work hard to get there.

And then there is a generation of live girls (and boys) who idol them. Perhaps this is even quirkier. To learn more about this, visit any high school and spot such behavior. It's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment