Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quirky Find

I was looking again at Qualitative Research for Education: An Introduction to Theories and Methods written by Bogdan and Knopp-Biklen when I came across this photograph on page 47. Dr. Biklen (Sari) has mentored my last two years of qualitative research studies and I read this text before I met her. I cracked up to see this photo in her book because under the caption it reads: Faculty Union Free School, 1907. Sherburne, N.Y.. Here in this text is historical Sherburne before my dad and his siblings were born. Amazing. To think of Sherburne's history as hub for educational progress is evidence of how the demographics of populations change. In the early 1900s, Sherburne made sense for settlement: good farmland, a nice place for a town and excellent hunting. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment