Thursday, April 16, 2009

this post for Frances Mican

I don't chill with supermodels. I don't even know any. I often complain that my schedule doesn't allow time to veg in front of the t.v., but I do take advantage of stupid, mindless shows that require very little brainwork on my part. This is why I adhere to the advice of Frances Mican and occasionally watch America's Top Model while studying, reading and writing. I like competition. I like beauty. I'm fascinated by art. There's always been a part of me that is drawn to catty, superficial fighting over superficial means. Hence, I admit it. I have a quirky fascination with this show. Tyra Banks drives me insane, but I think it is fascinating how they often take what I would consider homely individuals, but with make up and lighting, they make them look good. Okay, I'm going to bed. This confession has me critical of my own viewing practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment