Saturday, April 18, 2009

When life gives you dead batteries

This is me wearing the red cap that came with my new car battery. I was trying to get moving on Thursday when my car wouldn't start. It was dead. I wanted to get to the office to help out because one secretary took the day off, but the great whatever had another plan. I left my keys in my truck overnight with the ignition turned on. Why? Because I was changing a break light and in my wisdom, I had a dumbbell (no, not me) resting on the break light so I could make sure the new light worked. I took the dumbbell off the brake but left my keys. Idiotic move on my part.

I dedicate this post to my brother-in-law Mike who earned a few chest hairs for helping me out. I have tools, but they are of minimal use and together we changed the old battery to the new one. Because I was dressed for work, he didn't want me to get dirty, but I didn't mind. It is always good to experience life as it is - not the academic life I live that has failed to teach me the essence of an engine. That would be practical, now wouldn't it.

I made it to work...late, and I bought a tub of Edy's super-fudge-cookie-crap icecream so Isabelle and I could make beauty out of a rough start of a day. When life gives you lemons, where can you buy a pint of goo?

No comments:

Post a Comment