Saturday, June 13, 2009

Continuing a Water Theme

A year ago I was on Oneida Lake with my father fishing, so it seemed appropriate to be there again yesterday. We stopped at Thee Diner for breakfast, and then out to his boat. We hoped to tap into Walleyes, but didn't. The ominous rain clouds of yesterday were still in the air, but it turned into a great morning to fish.

Later that evening, Cynderballs, Dylan, Mike and I went to Brewerton for ice cream (is it possible to hit every Central, New York, spot this summer?). Afterwards, we drove along Oneida Lake and I got to see all the new homes that have gone up and look in envy at abodes I didn't know existed in Cicero. I now see why the tax base has gone up and how my alma mater can afford to pay their teachers more than most districts. The region has definitely changed. Seeing the sun along the shoreline and smelling the fresh lake air was one of they number one reasons for returning home. Now, if only I can figure out a way to afford one of those homes. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment