Thursday, July 23, 2009

when rabbits howl

I apologize if this comes across as demented. I don't think it will. After a twelve hour day at work, my mind is in a strange place.

When I got home, I went for a long run. I moved slow because I needed my mind to unwind. It was a good run, but when I turned onto my street I stirred a rabbit eating grass into a hopping tizzy. The problem arose when a mini-van was plummeting down the street. The rabbit leaped onto the pavement in front of the van's tires. The woman slowed down and the rabbit did a 90 degree turn and made it back to the side of the road safely. The woman driving the mini van looked terrified and I gave her a thumbs up with a smile. We witnessed luck. She crossed her heart and exhaled. The rabbit lived.

Yet, the event caused me to stir in a quirky frenzy of meaning and purpose.

This morning, the first thing I did was google rabbit road kill to find an image for today's post. This was a bad idea. Don't try this. We live in the best of times and the worst of times. We are a sick species.

No comments:

Post a Comment