Friday, November 13, 2009

old man at prithe thopper

Twice now, when I've run out of coffee in the a.m., I've forced myself to an early Price Chopper visit to a) get groceries and b) nab a cup of coffee. In there cafe, there's a retired man who must be working to keep his mind busy. He hands me a large cup with a paid sticker and says, "This one's on me."

I love this man. I'm sure he's not supposed to give free cups of coffee out to strangers, but the two times I've gone to the store in the a.m., he's handed me a cup of mocha at no cost. He then whistles, goes back to preparing lettuce for the salad bar and throws a wink to the store. I've probably jinxed myself with his kindness, but I mention his quirky gift on a Friday morning because, perhaps, it will inspire another to do a good deed today. So random. So spontaneous. Such a kind smile amongst the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment