Monday, November 23, 2009

Point of View

Since 2004, I've shown the movie LOST BOYS OF SUDAN which aired on PBS. Last night, I watched it again to take notes. Why? Because the journey of Peter and Santino mirrors the stories of many of the young men I've worked with in the cow project and the children of these young men who are now enrolling in American schools. It may be a place to accrue a foundation for what I hope will be my research for the next year. I found the directors, Megan Mylan and Jon Shenk, talking about their film online. Most of you, I imagine, won't care. But I put it up on my site, anyway. It might be an interesting clip to watch while sipping on Starbucks, surfing the net for holiday gifts and/or checking your Blackberry. Who knows? It remains quirky to me that two continents can be so near, yet so far away. And if you haven't seen the film, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment