Saturday, August 1, 2009

Alma Mater

The world is huge. The world is small. The world is mysterious.

I spent Saturday evening at a dinner party with my friend Faye and her husband at their Tully home, a beautiful cabin in Tully, New York. Carl, another volunteer with the Syracuse Lost Boy Cow Project, and I drove for a celebration of the two years of work we've done. Faye also invited her folklorist friend, Libby Tucker.

It was great eating with Libby and her husband because they were highly active at Binghamton when I was an undergraduate but I didn't know them. They are good friends with many of my mentors and they made me nostalgic for the four years that lit my mind on fire. The connection this evening was an excellent road trip down memory lane and I am appreciative of such quirky coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment