Thursday, August 20, 2009

The older we get, the younger we get

I safely drove to Amagansett and arrived to my Aunt & Uncles mid-afternoon. When I arrived to their home, there was a note to say they were elsewhere. As I unpacked my truck, I noticed the changes in their home -- most notably the transition to grandparenthood! There were toys and evidence of kid-activity all around. In particular, a brand new, unopened game of Chutes & Ladders was on the kitchen table. I said, "Shucks! They bought me a gift."

Later, after combing the beach and visiting Mark and his wife, Aunt Sue challenged me to a game of Scrabble. I told her I'd rather play Chutes & Ladders to give my overactive brain a rest. Instead, she kicked my butt at Scrabble.

Either way, I've made it to Long Island safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment