Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nighty Night

I was asked to babysit Sean & Jacob (J.C.) last night while my sister and her husband went to a wedding. I wanted to get a good shot of Jacob in his tuxedo t-shirt, but he wouldn't compromise. Instead, I waited for him to zonk out while he was watching little league baseball on ESPN. With a nuk in his mouth, he soon fell asleep and began to snore like his father. The ground was shaking.

Sean went to bed rather easy after I read him six or seven books and put together five puzzles. I know he appreciates his rituals, but he floored me with his need to ride the elevator up to his bed. He has stairs. Apparently there's a game his parents play and it took me seven or eight attempts before I got it right. I even had to make the right noise.

Nikki came along to help out, but she hasn't been seen from behind Casey's computer screen since we arrived. Her entire night was lounged on the laptop and with a headset surfing the net. I could have driven off with both boys and went to visit her parents and she wouldn't have even noticed.

Quirky is how domestic I can be when I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment