Thursday, August 27, 2009

Completed, Finally Inn

My graduate school cohort decided to have our first literacy meeting at the Inn Complete in Syracuse University's Graduate housing section. I've driven by the building, but never have been inside. It is a hang out for graduate students to get a cheap meal and something to drink. Several of the Ph.D. students in Reading and Language Arts met there to share our summer and discuss our goals for the upcoming year. It was a breath of fresh air to meet with my colleagues for a light evening of friendship and support before another year of academic chaos begins.

I can't believe I'm heading towards year three at Syracuse and this is the first time I discovered such supportive space for a gathering of like minded, driven thinkers. Although I doubt I'll be back again any time soon, I can say I enjoyed this evening as a kick-off of sorts.

I suppose it's a mini-episode of Cheers in a way. Everybody knew my name. Well, the six of them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment