Tuesday, March 24, 2009

1994


This is a photo of Matt, Craig, Ace and me before heading out to the bars in our senior year of college. That was sixteen years ago. The Big Chill is upon us. Matt's a teacher, Ace a doctor, Craig a dentist and me.....a student (ha ha ha). I thought I was a grunge hippie with my overalls, flannel shirt, tie dye, crystal, New Age-guru necklace and long hair. Actually, I look stupid.


Nothing can replace the freedom, innocence, hope, and dreams of our senior year. Living on Rotary Avenue, down the street from the Pine Lounge and $4 pitchers of Genny Cream Ale was a true treat. George Bernard Shaw once wrote, "Youth is wasted on the young," and we didn't realize it at 21, but young we really were.

It is a beautiful, quirky kind of sadness to see this photo again. The way it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment