Thursday, March 12, 2009

pineapple

I came back from the gym tonight and craved a snack. I opened a can of Dole pineapples and let the sugar fill my tummy. Such a delicious treat and rather whacky that we can drive to our local grocery store when the wind is hollowing outside and bits of snow are flaking in the air, simply to buy a tropical fruit. It is evident of an odd world, but what is quirkier is how full of flavor a pineapple is - perhaps the sweetest. Amazing. Trying to imagine what I'd live on in early March if we needed to rely on local lands is difficult. Perhaps I'd be eating tree bark and scratching for hibernating grubs. As harsh as a global economy is, there's benefits when one can have a pineapple in Central, New York, whenever he feels like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment