Sunday, March 1, 2009

Eugene & Calliope


Growing up in a Days of Our Lives household, I often had to watch taped versions of my mom's soap opera a good three times: mom, Cynderballs and K.C.. I would do homework on the couch and have to deal with the drama of Bo & Hope, Marlena & Roman, and Patch & Kayla, at least three times a day as they watched it individually upon their return home from work or school.

My ears always perked up with Eugene & Calliope came on because they weren't your typical soap opera super couple. No. Eugene & Calliope were Days of Our Lives version of day time quirkiness. I applaud NBC for allowing such an eccentric couple and can honestly say that when they disappeared -- Was it Stephano Dimera? -- that I lost interest in my mother and sister's hobby of living vicariously through Hollywood types. They were proof that whacky love exists and matters. I say, bring the two back to the fabric of American society. Our nation can use such a whacky couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment