Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm Lobbying for New Hobbies


Growing up, I remember Sundays were a day where nothing was open. Everything had to be done Monday thru Saturday and Sundays were spent visiting grandparents. Soon, though, Sundays became another shopping day. This is why I'm intrigued, stoked, bothered, perplexed and awed by the fact that A) Hobby Lobby has finally opened in Syracuse, but B) It closes on Sunday so that "employees can spend time with family and to worship."

Imagine if every place closed down on Sundays so we could be with our loved ones and think about the bigger issues in life.

Personally, I think we'd kill each other, but still it is something we should strive for. No hobbies on Sunday except the ability to "chill out," think about the afterlife and relax.

Quirky me, somehow I don't think I'd do well with that. I'd find a new hobby to stress me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment