Monday, March 2, 2009

I must be embracing my fears


My little sister, Casey, loved horror flicks. Me? I preferred reading books and avoiding such television. A favorite past time of Casey's was convincing me to watch movies with her, including a viewing of TROLL (1986). I hated it. I watched most of it with a pillow over my face and she laughed at my uneasiness with any film that had monsters, murderers or demons in it. She'd try to convince me that these were just stupid movies, but they didn't settle well in my active imagination. After all, this is the boy who was convinced Cookie Monster lived at his Grandma Vera's and wanted to kill him. This is the same kid who was traumatized when Snoopy ran away from home. And I admit, this was the same guy who still can't forgive his little sister for making me watch this tragic film in my freshman year of high school. It is bad enough I lived through this movie once, but now I'm living through it again as evidence of my quirky nature. It is important for my mental well-being that I post this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment