Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In my next life


I will learn more about the Hindu gods. I spent a large portion of today interviewing a young man from Nepal. His ancestors are from there, but he was born in Bhutan. The Bhutanese government threw his family (and people) out of the country because of their Nepalese history. The country of Nepal would not accept them and put them in refugee camps. That is where this man lived until coming to Syracuse with his family last Fall. He is named after a Hindu god and I realized today how quirky education is. I've read a lot but have no understanding of the Hindu religion.

I tried to brush up on it tonight, but it is more complicated than understanding mom's plots on DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

So, in my next life, I'm hoping for more time to be educated on Hinduism. In the meantime, I'll stick with Maude like my Grannie Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment