Friday, May 8, 2009

A Berry Good Boy

The truth is I have a sweet tooth. As the weather warms, I begin craving ice cream more and more. Yet, as I noted to fellow Ph.D. students today, one of the greatest things about our high-stress experience, is that I've pushed myself to take longer runs in order to clear my mind and breathe better. This has worked out nicely for my health, but it doesn't kick that craving for sweets.

This is why the two for one deal at Price Chopper to buy strawberries has been excellent. A dish of strawberries with a cup of vanilla yogurt is tasty, indeed. My Aunt Bobby often treated me with such snacks after I came back from a run or we went for a long walk (she remembers this as baking me brownies, too, but I remember the healthier snacks). I'm not sure if this is a quirky entry, but it is quirky evidence for my bizarre relationship with food, exercise and sanity. For this, I smack my lips.

1 comment:

  1. I love yogurt and fruit! My mom and I have been making our own yogurt, which is a fun activity for a hippie mom and daughter team. I love yogurt and granola, too, and a little maple syrup if it's not sweet enough. Yum!

    ReplyDelete