Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two parties, one tux, a very short film about GRAPES OF WRATH & Syracuse Lacrosse

Yesterday was one of those days that make me truly appreciate my time off, nice weather and a go-with-the-flow agenda.  I woke up, rode my bike to a Memorial Day parade to see Nikki march with NSJH, came home and walked Baby to Intelligence Squared (where they debated what to do with Iran), then I went for a run, showered, and arrived to Cynde's for leftovers and the NCAA Lacrosse Championship.

The fact I had a major headache after this game is not a myth - it was caused by the final goal tying the game at the last seconds. I was counting down with the clock, and I did NOT imagine SU would score.  They DID!!!!  Then, in overtime, they were the first to stick it in and, as a result, defended their national title.  Totally awesome.

I returned home and thought, "Hmm. Now what do I do?"  I started to read Two Parties, One Tux, & a Very Short Film About GRAPES OF WRATH by Steven Goldman, and before I knew it, I was engrossed by the quirky, adolescent tale and engaged by an adolescent, coming of age story of a quirky, ubiquitous dweeb.  I did take a  break and weed-whacked my lawn, but for most of the evening I read this book (and finished it before going to bed).  Everyone deserves a day like this at least once a week.  It will fuel me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment