Friday, October 2, 2009

Juliette's Revenge

Yesterday, while walking Baby during my lunch break, a piece of glass cut open her front paw and with every step she took, she left bloody paw prints on the roads of North Syracuse. I got her to my garage and made a quick tourniquet of old t-shirts and drove her to Animal Kingdom as fast as I could. She was leaking pretty severely and they cleaned it up and bandaged her.

While at the hospital, a woman was there and was an emotional mess. She was making the decision I did several years ago with Juliette Catherine Allanis Madonna Potatohead Scrappy-Doo Houdini Dennis and my heart felt for her. I also recalled the time the class of 2002 took my mattress and dumped it in Alice's yard. My revenge was to create a video of Juliette's supposed injury as a result of their break in and entry. Today, I know Juliette is laughing in doggie heaven that this time, for Baby, there really was need for medical assistance.

Poor Baby doesn't like wearing a doggie bootie when she goes outside to pee. Poor Bryan has to clean red dog prints out of his carpet and truck. It was a quirky moment in life that serves as a reminder that every step we take safely is a lucky one. There are some steps that aren't as fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment