Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where the Wild Things "Is"

I saw the trailer for this film a month ago during the Potter movie and, for some reason, I'm intrigued. The children's book was never one of my favorites, but it was always on my mind for its playful imagination and exploration of a world beyond this one. There's something magical about that and, perhaps, that's why I am rather excited to see this in the theaters.

Because I removed a spot on my rug with a new cleaning product, I was able to send my receipt to their company and was lucky to receive a free movie ticket from them. Luck comes in odd promotions.

I believe I will take myself to see this film with this ticket. A day with stuffed, teddy bear monsters seems like a good way to spend a couple of life's hours.

1 comment:

  1. It is an fairly excellent flick. I give it 3.141596254 stars. More of a dive into the psychology of children with emotional disorders than I was expecting, but then I always was the type to love the Carols of the world. Told my hairy friend, Eli, about him this morning just to let him know chickens need arms more than wings anyhow, and a prosthetic is better than no arm at all. Me? I'd rather have a prosthetic wing... just one.

    ReplyDelete