Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Moody

There are quirky moments in my life where I wish I had a mood ring and that it actually registered my moods accurately, because even I can't keep up with them. The class of 2001 dubbed me with severe BMS (Bryan Mood Swings) and I know this results from my drive to be successful, and the reality that there's not enough time in the world to accomplish the success I want to see delivered. The result of this is great aggravation and if I wore a mood ring, I imagine it could warn me of impending swings in personal attitude. Still, I must celebrate the emotional pendulum of being human because, after all, is it what makes us human. These days, however, I much prefer the lighthearted, carefree days when I bounce about without a care in the world. This we can learn from the young. As Bernard Shaw wrote, "Youth is wasted" on them. In the meantime, I will wallow in a miserable mood anticipating a whimsical one later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment