Saturday, October 17, 2009

Maria! Maria!

Heidi described to me that when you enter a Ph.D program it is like entering a universe that is comparable to Hogwarts. One of my fellow soldiers defended her dissertation today successfully and all her hard work has finally allowed her to wear an $1100 graduation gown with pride - totally deserved.

There is no other way to describe the identity restructuring of such mental labor than quirky, and Maria is a Queen of quirkiness in my world. Her research on inventive spelling of kindergarten students has me thinking deeply about the growth a young child experiences in their youngest, schooling years. Hired by SUNY OSWEGO and loved by all her Syracuse University family, this post is a celebration of her achievement.

Today, Maria continues to be one of my multiple heroes! Way to go! I celebrate the human being you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment