Tuesday, January 27, 2009

and my generation had...


I was thinking about Electric Company today and how this show, along with Sesame Street, shaped a portion of my childhood. I always looked forward to when Spiderman came on because it seemed to offer more adventure to the school-themed program, but upon watching episodes again, I see my memory is better than the actual product. In actuality, Spiderman on Electric Company is not the exciting, tortured hero that Tobey Maguire brought to modern fame. Instead, he was a sorry costumed freak who offered quirky plots to young children extending their school day. I guess, though, at the time he was an advanced icon and that children of the 70s and 80s had lower expectations for comic book heros.

I suppose I should find video of the sound games from Electric Company where two parties whispered sounds to make a word: "Gr" "eat" Great. Perhaps my memory of this is more fantastic than it actually was.

Hey, You Guys! It's amazing our generation has turned out as successful as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment