Friday, January 16, 2009

thinking of Angela (penguin)


In the 2008 Happiness blog, I posted about a tiny collection of miniature animals I've been given, bought and found. I'm thinking about this quirky collection again, today, and how Angela L. began it all for me. Actually, Thalon H. started it. He used to carry around a beanie bag lizard wherever he went, and he bought a frog one for me. Then, Angela ordered a penguin from Russia and a 2 cm glass bird arrived only to be carried in a box of her precious belongings. So, the whackiness of seeking tiny creatures for my own animal kingdom began.

I am recalling my frog backpack that I once wore when student teaching and how this icon became a way of identifying me. I think of all the others in my life who also have taken on daemons and spirit friends through the mythological alignment with non human creatures. And I am thinking there's a little Russian figurine for everyone out there who spiritually connects to the earthly terrain in transmortal ways.

And of course I encourage everyone to by a fingernail size variation of their animistic self from overseas by clicking the following link. Think of me when you order, and if you are brave, you can send me one, too, and I'll add it to the small galaxy I've already collected. YOU CAN FIND YOUR GLASS SELF BY CLICKING THIS LINK.

Ribbit. Quibbet. Quirket. oink oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment