Saturday, January 3, 2009

Filing


For Christmas, I wanted nothing more than a filing cabinet. The trick, however, is I didn't want anyone to buy me a new one. I wanted a used one that cost less than $20. Wola! Cynderballs came to my rescue and finally, today, I was able to sort a year's worth of articles into categories I could store away. No longer will my house look like a paper mill of academic writing.

There's something silly about how happy I am about this. After all, it's filing. Yet, there's something about putting things away and sorting that makes one feel accomplished.

Now, in 2009, I have a place for my Quirky files, including all those I transported from Kentucky and haven't unpacked since I arrived. I have a place for my alphabet magnets, too. Picture me dancing around in my excitement (and note that this dance might be sarcastic if you want it to be).

1 comment:

  1. dude, i totally get you on the filing cabinet. i finally moved some files into an old rubber-made tub and some milk crates, but i've been using 24-pack beer boxes (which are amazingly the right fit).

    ReplyDelete