Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome to Day One


I begin this new site with the best of intentions, but I do not know if I can be as faithful and dedicated as I was in 2008 with my Happiness blog. I will try, though, and in 2009 I hope to pay a bit more attention to the quirkiness of our world. The one thing I miss most about my teaching-in-Kentucky life is the quirkiness of the students. It is for this reason I hope to use this site to rekindle the spark in my footstep they offered me on a daily basis. Keeping a sense of humor makes everything a little bit more tolerable.

QUIRKY:
Definition: eccentric
Synonyms: bizarre, far out, freakish, freaky, idiosyncratic, in left field, kinky*, odd, off-the-wall, out of the ordinary, outre, peculiar, strange, unconventional, unorthodox, unusual, wacky*, way-out, weird
Notes: quirky means strikingly unconventional or given to idiosyncrasies; kinky means showing or appealing to bizarre or deviant tastes - or in small tight curls

No comments:

Post a Comment