Friday, January 23, 2009

senior prank


I was thinking about a senior prank I heard was played at a local high school last spring on the last day of school. Students let three pigs go wild in the hallways wearing numbers: 1, 2, & 4. There was no 3. Administrators stressed all day looking for the third pig.

I think it is rather obnoxious, but youth is wasted on the young. With this said, that idea is somewhat clever. It makes me recall the time students put a swimming pool in my room full of gold fish for my birthday and the time other students lined my colleague's car with green plastic, World War II soldiers.

There is a place, I suppose, that adults who work often with the young get numb. At first, such quirky pranks are aggravating, but then after time you think, "now that was pretty clever." I suppose the MEATBALLS generations are inevitable and every campground deserves to find the lead counselor sleeping outside of his cabin.

But pig 3? Gosh, I hope the school didn't serve pigs in a blanket that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment