Friday, September 18, 2009

and it is written here

The Greeks believed if you happened upon happiness you were lucky. The wheel of fortune spins and you get whatever segment of the wheel falls to you. Bill Gates feels his fortunes are luck and Oprah argues with him and says, "No, what lands to you results from hard work and deserving efforts."

I've had this argument with people again and again. Fate is what it is.

I drove to the library to get work done and, as luck would have it, my parents pulled in right behind me. My mom wished to return books. Then, as luck would further have it, I forget the power chord to my computer.

As quirky as it is, I took this as the wheel of fortune saying, "take a moment and go to the Clam Bar for lunch with your parents," which I did. The randomness is what it was and I'm thankful for my steak sandwich and french fries - Thanks, Mom.

And that is fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment