Monday, September 21, 2009

a poem for the god child

Saturday's baptism was a success and although Jacob spent Sunday with an ear infection and the need of doctors, he's in good, familiar hands of family and welcomed to a life of support.

In the quirky tradition of my acrostics, here's a doodle-poem that I wrote to show my love:

June 1, 2009.
another Crandall/Barnwell headline
came across the page for the humor and the rage
of earth’s stage to strut, play, and wonder –
boy, if I’m the author, did I blunder

Choosing her to be a goddess mother and
him to be a god-forbid father? It’s
all good, though, … little bro … cuz’
really, in the ebb and flow, we’re here for those songs and
laughter that are often needed in a world swirled in
eternal frustration & whirled in doubt. We may be a
strange breed, indeed, but are here for whatever you need.

Because it’s inevitable you’re going to grow
and capture your future with a confident stroll,
rolling and rocking in your one man show, &
nearing your future as fate lets it go. We wish you serenity.
we hope for harmony & we promise to guide you, unconditionally,
existentially, into whatever you’re meant to be. From
lisa. bryan. and the insanity that comes from family, we promise
love – and the help it takes to keep your faith up above.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, Bryan! It's Jeff! I didn't know you had a blog! AWESOME!!! I'm gonna follow it now. Long time no see a nut! I looked at your vids on facebook, nice to see you're spreading brown school around.

    And ifyou don't know which Jeff this is. just think back to which student in your class who was JillieFoo. If that doesn't give ti away then no cookies for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Nice poem. It's really nice. It's obviously in your style of writing, which I miss. All my college english teachers are freakin' boring.

    ReplyDelete