Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Working Class Graduate Student

The truth is, I did not grow up in a slum, but the story of Slum Dog Millionaire resonates with me and after viewing it over the weekend, I now understand its international success and celebration.

I do not watch movies too often. In fact, I didn't even know how to operate my DVD player successfully, so I watched the film on my computer. I didn't expect to become as engrossed as I did, but it truly is a remarkable film on many levels. The story is unbelievable, but the acting and idea of the tale is inspirational and moving. It is also embedded with the power of fate and karma. If you've not seen it, at the risk of being overly obnoxious with my American promotion of any one film, I truly recommend this.

The theme, "It is written," is at the heart of how I live my life, even though I challenge it at times by attempting to have more control. In the end, though, it is written....

...very much like this quirky blog posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment