Monday, September 14, 2009

This one for Lisa

I was telling my nephew's godmother, Lisa, that I used to have a hippy tendency, especially when I exited college and worked on my Masters degrees. She didn't believe me. As my nephew's godfather, I believe it is important that his godmother knows what I used to look like. I don't have many photographs of me at the time - hippies don't need Kodak, but I did find this one in one of my notebooks. It is quirky, but I looked older then than I do now.

I'm not sure, but I think I planned on auditioning for the Bee Gees. Either that, or I was trying to replace the lead singer of Blind Melon.

To be honest, I miss my hairy days. I enjoyed walking into a room and being able to play with people's conceptions of me because I had long hair. If I could tolerate it, I'd probably grow my main out again, instead of this summer Buddha shaving that is so easy to keep up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, god. That is one hell of a picture, Bryan.

    It's hard to grow hair out for too long - I keep thinking "Ok, this is it! I'm not cutting my hair again until I have had it shoulder length!" I've been saying that for over a year now, and here I am, with very short hair. But I like it better this way. I can't tolerate much hair on my own head.

    ReplyDelete