Friday, September 4, 2009

and then there's the real me

The rock star, Nikki Six, of Motley Crew played last night at the New York State Fair. There was a buzz that he was sitting on a rock outside my office and one of my fellow graduate students, it is reported, met him and he gave her tickets.

I didn't know who he was and when I looked him up, I realized he is in the image of who I really wish I was. He's tattooed, goth, and totally dark in a quirky way that I am not. Even so, in my secret life, this is how I imagine I look. I think there'd be something awesome about looking this way...driving a family mini-van, teaching classes, being a writer. In other words, he looks the way I'd like to be perceived. I don't look this way at all, but I'd love to walk in a room appearing as he does with the ideas and mind that I have. I think that would be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment