Saturday, September 26, 2009

Carmella

Last night, I went to my alma mater (is it really twenty years?) to see the football team take on rival CBA (Christian Brothers Academy). Although times have changed, the same scene can be seen through the same pride of parents and the lurching teenagers in search of someone a little more popular to hang out with, many of whom did not get the memo that it was frickn' cold and flip flops, shorts and tank tops would be ridiculous attire for a September football game in NY.

On a better athletic note, Mr. Anthony reunited with Boeheim for the opening of the basketball training center. Kudos for accomplishing that rather quickly, and although I love watching football, basketball is much more exciting (and the stadiums indoors are much warmer than those outside).

I still can't get over the quirky fact that I've return to the scholastic hood of where I began. It is surreal, but special, in a 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 18 .. all you Northstars get up and lean kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment