Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bucking ridiculous

This must be the year of deer for me (dad should take me hunting as good luck charm). In the Hamptons, when I ran, the deer stood on the side of the road like I was a squirrel and no bother. Then, this morning, Baby and I went for a walk to keep up with the a.m. ritual of morning exercise.

I was brain-dead in the comatose mindlessness of listening to What'dya Know on my I-Pod, and Baby was doing her ritual of leaving a urine sample on every object that lines the side of the road. That is when a buck leaped out of the woods in front of us and jumped over Baby's nose and into the woods on the other side of the street. It definitely woke me up, and Baby is still disturbed in a "Which Way Did He Go? Which Way Did He Go?" impersonation of a Warner Bros. cartoon.

This morning, I am thanking God I'm not a truck. If I was in a vehicle, the damage would be obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment