Monday, September 28, 2009

Cheating the Food Pyramid

Planning ahead for the week, I knew I needed easy-to-grab food for running in and out of my house to sustain my energy. Cooking is not an option and making a P.B.&J seems too time consuming. So, I went to Prithe Thopper (Price Chopper - I still use the Binghamton townie pronunciation) to get fast and easy items.

Last night, I ate salsa and chips for dinner (spicy salsa, too). I figure it would get my vegetable in, but I recognize it isn't good enough. I have carrot sticks, but I need to get better at easy-to-consume vegetables, as well. In Denmark, they gnaw on large cucumbers as if they are a Three Musketeer. Maybe I should do that and tolerate the quirky stares. Or perhaps there needs to be better inventions of consumable vegetables (not in liquid form...V8 makes me gag).

Maybe there's millions in that line of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment