Friday, September 25, 2009

Wonderland

When I moved from Binghamton to Louisville, my friend Kirsten sent me a painting she bought at a garage sale for a quarter. It was called "Alice" and its by the artist Modigliani. It hung in my studio apartment in Old Louisville. It came with me to the ol' farm house in St. Mathews. And it traveled with me to Clarskville, Indiana, where the Stevensons and I represented the 2% of college-educated residents. Alice is with me to this day and will be with me throughout life in spirit, hope and mind.

See, Alice is a miraculous being and her happiness, brilliance and friendship mean everything. Yesterday, I walked by my "Alice" painting and smiled knowing how important she really is and winked at her. She reminded me, "Everything is going to be okay," and I'm glad this is true for Alice. Through the looking glass, it is always good to have a buddy.

I hope to always remind Alice of the same. But, I don't think there's a quirky Bryan painting she can have for her house. I wonder if there's one of Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment