Thursday, September 17, 2009

Slamming Dem Poems

One of my mentors at SU was called to jury duty and asked me to cover her class until she can arrive. The goal for the evening is to introduce the power of writer's notebooks, to demonstrate how students use such outlets to learn their voices as writers, and to model, through my history as a writing teacher, what students in one state were able to do with their writing.

A big fear of students in this class, however, is misconceptions about a poetry slam and whereas we are going to participate in one this semester, I thought it'd be good to model, online, a piece from a poetry slam and also to show how the online world allows for digital writer's notebooks: ie. Quirky.

If all works according to plan, I will be able to access this during class. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment