Wednesday, September 9, 2009

yesteryear, when I had extra quarters: 9/9/09

I find myself missing the stupidity of extra cash lying around. See, for years, I made it my resolution to never pass a toy machine on the way out of a grocery store and I would frivolously throw quarters in the boxes to purchase stupid toys: ninja warriors, redneck teeth, plastic jewelry, bouncing balls, stickers and various other crap.

Why? I liked having the quirky ability to give stupid items as gifts when I was thinking of people. I've always been mesmerized by the tacky.

Now, I can't afford it. I walk out of grocery stores like a widower missing his dead wife, longing for a time that once was and that I didn't fully appreciate when I once had it. No longer are the days of being a 50 cent broker adding to economy of American dreams. Instead, I must show resistance and push my grocery cart out to the lot without having a new piece of junk in my pocket.

I look forward to having an income again.

No comments:

Post a Comment