Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In a small world, David's stitches.

My interest in graphic novels continues, especially as I question what we gain, exactly, by using alphabet text alone. After all, literacy should be about thinking, creating and reading the world. Perhaps this is why David Small's new graphic novel, Stiches, caught my interest in the New York Times.

The book comes out this week, and watching its trailer (how quirky it is to watch book commercials on YouTube) I immediately knew I wanted to get a copy - most likely through a public library when they are smart enough to make its purchase. This memoir is intriguing on many levels, especially with how one loses a voice because of the medical thinking of the time.

Either way, I post this as an advertisement for others. It's something to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Great taste in films. It comes through in his work. Stitches is a great little book.

    http://thejamminjabber.com/2009/09/08/stitches-by-david-small/

    ReplyDelete